Wiki page for helping users send patches upstream

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Thu Mar 5 04:56:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 08:34 -0800, Leann Ogasawara wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 21:06 -0800, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
[snip]
> > Is there a map somewhere of the Ubuntu intrepid kernels to stable
> > kernel release? That could come in very handy. I'd be nice to have
> > that linked or in the Ubuntu Linux wireless page.
>
> This doesn't exist at the moment.  I'll try and put something together
> and get back to you.

I wrote a script to generate the Ubuntu kernel to upstream kernel
version mapping:

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~ogasawara/kernel-version-map.html

It shows mappings for Jaunty, Intrepid, and Hardy.  I set up a daily
cron so it should automatically update for any new release.  It's not
yet available as a wiki, but I'll let you know when I have it auto
updating a wiki page.

Thanks,
Leann