Introduction

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Wed Jun 24 14:59:29 BST 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 08:50 -0400, Jeremy Foshee wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>        I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Jeremy Foshee and I am
> very interested in learning more about the kernel and the bug system
> Launchpad. I'd be interested in helping triage and direct bugs in the
> appropriate directions, but I want to be sure I am going about it in
> the right way. Is there someone available that could mentor me a bit
> and help me in locating good sources of information that I can use to
> start in this direction? I'm willing to read and learn on my own. I'd
> just like a friendly push in the right direction every now and
> again. :-)

Hi Jeremy,

To start, take a look at the KernelMaintenance wiki [1] and the
KernelTeamBugPolicies wiki [2].  It should help you get started.  I'd
also suggest browsing the Bug Squad's KnowledgeBase [3].  Once you feel
you're ready, send me an email or ping me in the #ubuntu-kernel channel
on FreeNode, my nick is "ogasawara".  I'll be happy to help you start
triaging.

Thanks,
Leann

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/KernelMaintenance