[Fwd: Status of DRBD]

Soren Hansen soren at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 24 09:34:47 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 11:02:51AM -0600, Tim Gardner wrote:
> I don't have any issues with removing DRBD from Karmic. Are you sure
> the server community is going to accept a DKMS package and all of the
> baggage that implies?
>
> Soren, Dustin - comments ?

I'm happy with this change. DRBD is one of those things where API
stability doesn't seem to be a very high priority. So,  we need a
mechanism to keep user and kernel space in sync, without causing
everyone else a lot of grief by imposing ABI breakage on people who
couldn't care less about DRBD. DKMS is the current voodoo to make this
happen, so let's go for it.

--
Soren Hansen                 |
Lead Virtualisation Engineer | Ubuntu Server Team