Karmic Pull Request; UBUNTU: ARM: DOVE: All commits to add support for the Marvell dove SOC

Amit Kucheria amit.kucheria at canonical.com
Thu Jul 30 11:00:34 UTC 2009

On 09 Jul 29, Brad Figg wrote:
> Please pull the following changes since commit
>
>     a11db7305c030119a9fa06a2ce6921fd142780d8 UBUNTU: ARM: IMX51: fix imx51 header change compatibility with other archs
>
> from the git repository at:
>     git://kernel.ubuntu.com/bradf/ubuntu-karmic dove
>
> This pull request is for the 256 commits to enable support for the
> Marvell "dove" SOC.

>  UBUNTU: ARM: DOVE: Fixup common configuration after addition of Marvell Dove SOC additions.
>  ARM.dove Marvell:dove: prevent the power management unit to be registered multiple times
>  ARM.dove Marvell:dove: add PMU type support for MPP1
>  ARM.dove Marvell:dove: fix compilation error when building for Z0 devices

Hi Brad,

One feedback I have is that these patches religiously stick to a single
naming convention in their one-line description.

For the FSL patches that were merged and the next set to follow, I am
using the following:

UBUNTU: ARM: IMX51: <description>

Thus all _code_ related to IMX51 can be quickly located using git log
--pretty=one | grep "UBUNTU: ARM: IMX51".

I've done the same to your patchset from Jaunty that I forward-ported
onto Karmic.

Can I request you to do the same? The following command on a directory
of patches does this easily:

sed -i -e's/<old pattern>/<new pattern>/g' 0*.patch

Regards,
Amit