[Jaunty] SRU: Fix for Dell Mini 10V microphone.

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Wed Jul 15 12:23:21 UTC 2009

Michael Frey wrote:
> SRU Justification:
>
> Impact: Microphone does not work under Jaunty for the Dell Mini 10V netbook.
>
> Fix:  Attached is a patch that addes the proper ALC272 codec quirk to
> enable to internal microphone.
>
> Testcase: After booting with the patch applied, sound can be recorded
> and played back using sound recorder.

ACK with caveat. This looks like a straightforward backport from
sound/pci/hda/patch_realtek.c in a later kernel. Please maintain
provenance by noting the origin of the code in the commit message.

P.S. I really like the table driven way that quirks are implemented in
patch_realtek.c. It really lessens the possibilities for regressions on
other platforms.

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com