HWDB scripts

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Mon Jul 6 23:59:13 UTC 2009

Hi Guys,

A few weeks ago I had sent an email regarding HWDB stats for the staging
drivers [1].  I wanted to follow up by sending a note regarding some
HWDB Launchpadlib scripts [2] which are available for anyone to use.
These are just some general use case scripts.  Anyone is welcome and
encouraged to write additional custom scripts using the HWDB
Launchpadlib API [3].  However, just to give everyone an idea of what
information can be extracted, here are some examples:

device-statistics.py [4] retrieves statistical data regarding a device
or driver found in the Launchpad HWDB.  It can retrieve the number of
owners of a device/driver, number of hw profiles mentioning the given
device/driver or vice versa.  For example, the following returns the
number of hw profiles and owners of devices which use the iwl3945
driver:

./device-statistics.py -or -d iwl3945
device owners: 84230 all submitters: 959013
submissions with device: 105338 all submissions: 1302871

device-related-bugs.py [5] searches for bugs related to a device or
driver.  For example, the following returns a list of bugs which are
tagged "suspend" or "resume" and have a hw profile that lists the
rtl8187 driver:

./device-related-bugs.py -D rtl8187 -t "suspend resume" -r -T Any

These scripts come with numerous options that I won't dive into in this
email.  If anyone is curious, just use the "-h" help option for each of
the scripts to see all the different variations of results that can be
returned.  I plan on writing a README file to document what each script
is capable of.  I'd also like to get these scripts moved to a more
central related project rather than just residing in Abel's personal
bazaar tree.

As always, let me know if there is anything you need regarding the HWDB
and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,
Leann

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kernel-team/2009-June/006080.html