CP2101 Driver

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Sun Jul 5 20:39:47 UTC 2009

David Potts wrote:
> Thank you for taking the time to read this request.  I am trying to
> figure out what I would need to do to get our current products added
> to the CP2101 driver that is included with the latest version of
> Ubuntu.  We have tested the current driver with our hardware and it
> does operate correctly, but it does need to be updated to support our
> device ID's.   Thus if this is possible, or if someone could help by
> pointing me in the right direction to update the CP2101.c file it
> would be much appreciated.  I can be contacted at this email address.
>
> Thank you,
> David Potts
> Principal Design Engineer
> Arkham Technology
>

> Required changes to the CP2101.c file :
> Add the following two lines to the definition of id_table (current
> list of devices supported) :
>
> 	{ USB_DEVICE(0x10C4, 0x1101) }, /* Arkham Technology DS101 Bus
> Monitor */
> 	{ USB_DEVICE(0x10C4, 0x1601) }, /* Arkham Technology DS101 Adaptor */

David - we prefer that these patches go upstream first. I'd create a
patch against Linus' current tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git,
then email the author (which appears to be Craig Shelley
craig at microtron.org.uk) and Greg Kroah-Hartman gregkh at suse.de (the USB
sub-system maintainer)

See Documentation/SubmittingPatches from the kernel tree for details.

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com