VMware patches for Ubuntu

Stefan Bader stefan.bader at canonical.com
Thu Jan 29 15:29:16 UTC 2009

Alok Kataria wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 02:48 -0800, Stefan Bader wrote:
>
>> Hi Alok,
>>
>> I finally got some time for a review. The patchset looks ok to me as well. The
>> only downside is that this requires an ABI change. But at least for Intrepid
>> there are other changes that will require one. So that would fit. I am going to
>> start a formal SRU process.
>>

> Hi Stefan and Tim,
>
> Thanks for reviewing these patches and merging them in the intrepid git
> tree. Do we have any guesstimates on when will these patches be
> available with a kernel update package ?
>
> Also wanted to check if you got a chance to review the patches for hardy
> tree and if there are any concerns with those patches, that you want me
> to look into.
>
> Thanks,
> Alok

Hi Alok,

the update for Intrepid should be one of the next bigger uploads to -proposed.
There has been some delay due to urgent regression and security updates. The
same applies for Hardy. I have been looking at them and they are prepared to be
committed as soon as the security upload has settled a bit.
I have also prepared a patchset for Jaunty. Tim is travelling at the moment but
I will meet him next week. So this could happen then.

Regards,
Stefan

--

When all other means of communication fail, try words!