kerneloops package update.

Jim Lieb jim.lieb at canonical.com
Mon Jan 26 23:27:10 UTC 2009

After going over the code both upstream and in LP, it seems to me that it
would be a good idea to update our package to 0.12 (current) while we are at
it.  We get the following:

1. The dmesg filter catches/filters out more stuff.

2. The new version is kinder to the system (nices itself etc.)

3. Handles larger log files better and has other performance improvements.

4. Expands the UI dialog to allow the user to see the oops before sending it.

5. General cleanup and bugfixes that are post- 0.10.

The package comes from debian universe.  The only thing debian did was
package it.  We added two patches, one to add apport support and the other
to do the right thing wrt dbus (per Scott's email a week or so back).

Scott's patch is trivial to fold back in and I think I can re-work Matt Z's
patch to make it more general for upstream.

Comments?

Jim
--
Jim Lieb