List of kernel bugs tagged suspend, resume, or hibernate

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Mon Jan 12 22:35:03 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 17:01 -0500, Pete Graner wrote:
> Leann Ogasawara wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've thrown together a list of kernel bugs currently tagged either
> > "suspend", "resume", or "hibernate" in Launchpad.
> >
> > http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/suspend-resume.html
> >
> > Hopefully it will help isolate some of the issues we see this cycle.  I
> > do anticipate the list to grow since I have a long list of potential
> > suspend/resume/hibernate bugs that I still need to go through and tag.
> > Let me know if you want to see any additional tags displayed or maybe a
> > combination of the above tags e.g. bugs tagged both "suspend" and
> > "resume".  Also, if there is any additional information you want shown
> > in each table, let me know and I'll see if it's possible to gather it
> > via the launchpadlib api.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Leann
> >

> Thanks Leann. One question, these are obviously on releases prior to
> Jaunty, how do we differentiate them from the ones found in Jaunty?

I can go through and get them tagged according to their release so it's
easy to differentiate them.  I can then easily display this in the table
as well.

>  Do we need to run thru them all and ask them to retest on Jaunty Alpha 3?

I think this would actually be a good idea to do for any
suspend/hibernate bug that is currently open.  I could easily script up
an automated call for testing.

> Given the new test frame work in Alpha 3, it would be nice to somehow
> which ones came from where i.e. the test script or user experience. make
> sense?

I assume the bugs that will get reported via the test script (apport)
will also be tagged something like "apport-bug".  Steve, can you comment
if the tagging I'm expecting to happen here is a valid assumption?  This
will make it easy to then distinguish those bugs reported via the script
vs manually reported from a user.  I could then also easily showcase
this in the bug list display.

Thanks,
Leann