Apport fails to submit kernel crashes due to missing hostname in URL

Martin Olsson mnemo at minimum.se
Sun Feb 15 21:16:21 UTC 2009

Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
> That's a known issue with, I think all, apport bugs right now.  It's an apport
> problem, not a kernel problem.  You can put http://bugs.launchpad.net in
> yourself and it'll work just fine.

Actually I tried it with a normal user space app now and apport worked fine.
Maybe you were thinking about this (nowadays fixed) apport bug from january:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+source/apport/+bug/314212

I think there is a new apport issue affecting only the kernel. Maybe it
only repros if the new kerneloops package is installed because my problems
started pretty much right away after I installed that package.

		Martin