qc-usb-messenger driver

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Mon Feb 9 20:17:01 UTC 2009

realKano at directbox.com wrote:
>>> This driver works with the 3 extra patches with 2.6.28
>>> (verified), please add it to the kernel, would fix:
>>>
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/209901
>>>
>>> too - for 2.6.27 you only need the first 2 patches of course.
>>>
>>> http://home.mag.cx/messenger/source/qc-usb-messenger-1.8.tar.gz
>>>
>>> http://mirror.hamakor.org.il/pub/mirrors/gentoo-portage/media-video/qc-usb-messenger/files/qc-usb-messenger-1.8-kcompat-2.6.26.patch
>>>

>>> http://mirror.hamakor.org.il/pub/mirrors/gentoo-portage/media-video/qc-usb-messenger/files/qc-usb-messenger-1.8-kcompat-2.6.27.patch
>>>

>>> http://mirror.hamakor.org.il/pub/mirrors/gentoo-portage/media-video/qc-usb-messenger/files/qc-usb-messenger-1.8-kcompat-2.6.28.patch
>>>

>> You're making me work too hard. I only checked Jaunty, but the
>> patch for 2.6.28 doesn't apply for a variety of reasons. See the
>> last section of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelPatches for
>> instructions on how to submit patches.
>>
>> rtg -- Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
>
> Patch against current Ubuntu git, cleaned every unneeded file, used
> all 3 patches, renamed driver to qc-usb-messenge - includes BOM file
> with infos. Used local quickcam.h.

http://kanotix.com/files/kernel/unused-patches/2.6.28-ubuntu-qc-usb-messenger.patch.bz2

OK - now I'm really confused. Why do you want to create yet another
driver directory when ubuntu/qc-usb already exists ? I want a patch
against the Ubuntu kernel tree that updates the existing ubuntu/qc-usb
driver to whatever is the current upstream version.

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com