Launching a new Linux image from within Linux

Palani Chinnakannan (pals) pals at cisco.com
Sat Dec 5 21:58:13 GMT 2009

Hi,

       I have a requirement in which we have to fetch a new Linux image
from the

network and have to launch this image.  I am wondering if it is possible
to launch

this image from within the current operating Linux (after transitioning
to rl 0)?

ie., I am wondering if we can skip a CPU reset. The reason is the new
image is in

memory and we do not want to lose this due to reset.

Any alternate suggestions like maintaining some persistent ram etc will
be nice.

We are trying to avoid writing the image back to disk.

Thanks

pals