Question about linux-image-debug

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Mon Aug 24 14:41:51 UTC 2009

Hello,

Quick question about the way Ubuntu has their kernel crashdump setup on Karmic:

I got the crashdump package installed, and I see the
/var/crash/linux-image-2.6.31-4-generic.0.crash was generated.
However, I cannot pass this into gdb without the vmlinux file.  As far
as I can tell Ubuntu only makes the bzimage available (from what I
have read, they used to make available a linux-image-debug package
which contained the vmlinux).  Anybody have any idea either how to
strip/decompress the bzimage down to the vmlinux?  Or is the
linux-image-debug package available somewhere else?

Thanks in advance,

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs