The source (not source code) of /lib/modules/2.6.24-*/ubuntu

Eus reply.to.eus.at.member.fsf.org at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 01:55:10 UTC 2009

Hi Ho!

On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 15:59 +0100, Andy Whitcroft wrote:

[snip]

> /lib/modules/`uname -r` should contain modules from whichever packages from
> the following list are installed: linux-image-*, linux-update-modules-*,
> linux-restricted-modules-*, and one or two dkms packages.  Normally the
> source for those packages should contain provenence information typically
> in the form of a BOM file for each component.  For example:
>
> > acpi/acer_acpi: http://code.google.com/p/aceracpi/
>
>     $ cat ubuntu/acpi/BOM
>     The ACER ACPI code came from
>     http://aceracpi.googlecode.com/files/acer_acpi-0.11.1.tar.bz2.
>     See https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/190677

Unfortunately, only a handful of the contents carry such provenance
information:

eus at eus-laptop:~/src/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24-2.6.24/ubuntu$ find
-iname 'BOM'
./net/atl2/BOM
./net/atl1e/BOM
./net/et131x/BOM
./acpi/BOM
./media/cx88/BOM
./media/saa7134/BOM
./wireless/iwlwifi/BOM
./wireless/prism2_usb/BOM

The majority of the rest is of unknown origin.

Actually I am looking for the provenance information for
`char/intel-agp-ich9m'. Could you please help me with this one?

--
Best regards,
Eus (FSF member #4445)

In this digital era, where computing technology is pervasive, your
freedom depends on the software controlling those computing devices.

Join free software movement today! It is free as in freedom, not as in
free beer!

Join: http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=4445