Config option CONFIG_PROC_EVENTS?

Balbir Singh bsingharora at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 14:52:26 BST 2008

Hi,

I've looked at the latest intrepid kernel (I've been using Ubuntu
since Feisty) and I find that CONFIG_PROC_EVENTS (user space
notification of events like fork()/exec(), etc) is not turned on. This
is a very useful feature and a user space library we are building for
cgroups (libcg.sf.net) intends to use this to automatically classify
tasks. Apart from our use, I think the feature is useful in general. I
am interested in getting the config option turned on, could someone
guide me to the correct procedure?

Warm Regards,
Balbir Singh