t400 lenovo - is intrepid dangerous?

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 29 21:08:40 UTC 2008

Hi Paul

The issue hasn't been quite resolved yet, but the modules that are
potentially dangerous have been removed from the daily builds. So, while
the daily builds won't be dangerous to your machine, your ethernet won't
work just quite yet either. The issue will probably be resolved by the
time Intrepid is released. The issue is an upstream problem in the Linux
kernel, so I'm quite sure that many people are doing whatever they can
to get it fixed.

-Jonathan