Inclusion of SCSI patch?

Johan Brannlund johan_brn at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 01:59:40 BST 2008

Hi. Due to a bug in kernels later than 2.6.24, I am unable to mount my Motorola A1200 phone as a USB mass storage device. In other words, this is a regression from 2.6.24.

A working patch exists, but that patch is not yet included upstream.

Without the patch, mount attempts fail with errors like

Sep  9 13:07:36 saturn kernel: [ 1642.224483] Buffer I/O error on device sdb1, logical block 2011912

A discussion (with the patch) is archived at http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/8532

Is there any chance this patch could go into the Intrepid kernel?

- Johan