Build kernel fail

rod_wang rod_wang at pegatroncorp.com
Mon Sep 22 07:05:27 UTC 2008

 Hi ,

I got some problems at building kernel ( linux-lpia_2.6.26.1.1 ).

First , I just know a way to build kernel ( " AUTOBUILD=1 NOEXTRAS=1
fakeroot debian/rules binary-lpia " ).

After I modify config.lpia at debian/config/lpia, it always fail at build
time ( I always use the AUTOBUILD command ).

Please help me , how to compile the kernel after modify config.lpia??

Second, After I autobuild the kernel linux-lpia_2.6.26.1.1, when I reboot
the system ,  then I fail at boot time ..

Error message :

        Begin: Running /script/init-premount.

        Done.

Begin: Mounting root file system ..

        Using squashfs .

        Checking device /dev/hda

Checking device /dev /hdb

Checking device /dev /Sda

Checking device /dev /Sdb

Checking device /dev/hda

Checking device /dev /hdb

Checking device /dev /Sda

Checking device /dev /Sdb

This fail symptom always repeat checking device...

        Is anything wrong at autobuild time??? Or Have any package I should
be install ??

        Best regards,

        Rod