Request to include Intel processor microcode in Intrepid and Hardy

Giacomo A. Catenazzi cate at debian.org
Thu Sep 18 11:29:32 UTC 2008

Zhao, Yingying wrote:
> Hi cate,
>
> Would you please upgrade the microcode to 20080910?

Debian unstable contains the new microcode (intel-microcode package),
and the fix (in microcode.ctl package) to allow downloading microcode
from intel site (previous microcode was distributed as plain text,
now it is a tar.gz of the plain text microcode).

I've just ask the unblock exception in Debian.
I'll try to get the unblock also on Ubuntu.

ciao
	cate