2.6.27 Feedback

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Tue Sep 9 02:11:28 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I figured some of you here might be interested in some of the bug
numbers we've been seeing with regards to the new 2.6.27 kernel.  After
we put out the call for testing we've been closely trying to monitor
both New kernel bugs being filed in Launchpad as well as any feedback
we've received from bug reports.

Any bugs which have specifically regressed from the previous 2.6.26
kernel to the new 2.6.27 kernel have been tagged
'regression-2.6.27' [1].  There are currently 29 noted regressions
listed there.  However, a few of the reported regressions will hopefully
soon be resolved as they have commented that either the upcoming
2.6.27-3 kernel or for example the upstream 2.6.27-rc5-git7 kernel
resolve the reported issue.

Any bugs which have been noted to be fixed with the 2.6.27 kernel are
being tagged at 'fixed-2.6.27' [2].  There are currently 59 bugs that
are noted to be fixed with the 2.6.27 kernel.  Note that the status of
some of these bugs have not yet moved to "Fix Released".  We've held off
on changing the status until a final decision has been made to stick
with the 2.6.27 kernel.

Finally, any bugs which have confirmed to exist with 2.6.27 and are not
specific regressions from 2.6.26 have been tagged 'linux-2.6.27' [3].

I anticipate these numbers will continue to fluctuate as we receive more
feedback from Alpha5 testing.  We're still catching up with a lot of the
incoming feedback.  If you see any bugs which should be tagged that
currently are not, feel free to go ahead and tag them accordingly.  If
there are any questions, feel free to email me or ping me on IRC.

Thanks,
Leann

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.tag=regression-2.6.27
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INVALID&field.status%3Alist=WONTFIX&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.status%3Alist=FIXRELEASED&field.tag=fixed-2.6.27
[3] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.tag=linux-2.6.27