Ubuntu Studio, -rt and 2.6.27
coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 1 16:39:17 UTC 2008
Please excuse me if I can't speak with as much technical aptitude as I
would like. I'm simply trying to stimulate conversation.
Ok. There have been a couple of reasons why the -rt kernel has had
issues this cycle.
* Alessio has had to fight upstream for support of .26.
* This work has landed late in the cycle.
* Alession has had personal issues.
* There has been a perceived lack of help from the kernel team to
deal with how the kernels are done now. (I cite no response to
* We have now moved to 2.6.27
* The kernels are managed different in this cycle.
I am not at all saying this the kernel teams fault. This is an
unfortunate combination of events. There was also no response to this:
think, in part, because Alessio can't provide a patch against .27.
(Again, not the kernel teams fault)
So, atm, it *looks* like our only option is to base off of 2.6.26. We
have a kernel in Universe now (though the source was recently NBS'ed)
but lrm/lum/drivers and such are looking to be issues.
I'll let Alessio chime in but I'm opening this up to the wider kernel
community for options/opinions.
How has -zen dealt with this for instance?
More information about the kernel-team