contributing to the kernel community

roshan jose joro_manage at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 13:16:27 UTC 2008

I am new to programming in linux and I have never programmed the kernel, but I wish to learn and contribute to the ubuntu community. I want to learn to program so that I can fix the bugs in the coding. I hav been using ubuntu for the past 4 months and I had been using other linux distros for the past 8 months. So I am kind of a newbie...

Just today I went to the bugs section and I found myself lost in reading some geeking things that was far beyond my understanding. I couldnt understand the problem stated as they were too geeky.

I hope I can get some info uponĀ  how to improve my knowledge of linux. I want to write a kernel patch as well as part of my college project.

Thanking you,
Roshan Jose