Small fixes for Hauppauge WinTV products in hardy-lum

Stefan Bader stefan.bader at canonical.com
Wed Nov 19 08:18:45 UTC 2008

Hi Michael,

long time no see. :) (on #ubuntu-kernel)

Michael Krufky wrote:
>>> changesets resolve bugs: 299634, 299636, 299640, and 299671.

That is actually what Tim meant with LP (LaunchPad bugs which will be used to
track the changes)

>>> A similar pull request has already been sent to Michael Frey for the
>>> Belmont project.
>>>
>>> The following changes since commit 2903f29e43ffbf87012384a32adf44feaf242ff7:
>>>   Stefan Bader (1):
>>>         UBUNTU: Ubuntu-2.6.24-22.34
>>>
>>> are available in the git repository at:
>>>

>>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mkrufky/ubuntu-hardy-lum.git
>>> master
>>>
>>> Michael Krufky (5):
>>>       UBUNTU: au0828: add new USB IDs for HVR950Q
>>>       UBUNTU: sms1xxx: fix product name for Hauppauge WinTV MiniStick
>>>       UBUNTU: sms1xxx: Add new USB product ID for Hauppauge WinTV MiniStick
>>>       UBUNTU: sms1xxx: support two new revisions of the Hauppauge WinTV
>>> MiniStick
>>>       UBUNTU: sms1xxx: use new firmware for Hauppauge WinTV MiniStick
>>>
>>>  ubuntu/media/au0828/au0828-cards.c |    3 +++
>>>  ubuntu/media/sms1xxx/sms-cards.c   |   12 +++++++++---
>>>  2 files changed, 12 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
>>>

>> Do you have an LP started? These patches are gonna have to go through
>> the SRU process, though they all look suitable. I'm too lazy to look -
>> where does the new firmware file sms1xxx-hcw-55xxx-dvbt-02.fw come from?
>
> ...an "LP" ?  I'm not sure of the terminology.
>

> The sms1xxx-hcw-55xxx-dvbt-02.fw replaces the previous firmware image
> (sms1xxx-hcw-55xxx-dvbt-01.fw).  I already provided this image to
> Michael Frey under the same license as the older firmware file.  I
> understand that there might be a process for that to be distributed, but
> users can download it from steventoth.net in the meanwhile:
>
> http://steventoth.net/linux/sms1xxx/sms1xxx-hcw-55xxx-dvbt-02.fw
>
> ...if you have reservations about the firmware change, then please feel

This is not so much about the change but the fact that we were looking for
information about several firmware files lately and had a hard time to find out
which license those actually use. Especially the v4l firmwares were a bit, hm,
lets say undetermined in that way. So the question would be, do you have a
license file that states the origin and whether the files are redistributable.

Regards,
Stefan

--

When all other means of communication fail, try words!