RTL8180+RTL818x support

Stefan Bader stefan.bader at canonical.com
Wed May 7 18:43:45 UTC 2008

There seem to be several reports complaining about those rtl drivers:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/hardy/+source/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24/+bug/184788

Possibly there are more. So far it seems there are rtl8187 and rtl8150
drivers in the kernel (how well those work I do not know). There does
not seem to be a driver for rtl8180.

What I got from some links in reports is the svn base from
http://rtl-wifi.sourceforge.net
+ a compat patch (in the lbm-addon tar)
+ a patch to cleanly build outside (export renames and a bit of cleanup)

All at zinc.ubuntu.com:smb~/4review

Probably the best way to go would be to create another ppa package that
includes the external driver and gather reports. Thoughts?

Stefan