Btrfs v0.14 Released

Chris Mason chris.mason at oracle.com
Fri May 2 20:58:00 UTC 2008

On Friday 02 May 2008, Tim Gardner wrote:
> Chris Mason wrote:
> > On Friday 02 May 2008, Jeff Schroeder wrote:
> >
> > [ Btrfs oops with apparmor patched in ]
> >
> >> Make is not my forte, but here is a working test to see if apparmor
> >> exists in Ubuntu 8.04.
> >> Maybe have make apply a patch to the btrfs source if this test
> >> succeeds? Does this work in SUSE?
> >>
> >> http://www.digitalprognosis.com/opensource/patches/btrfs/lame_apparmor_t
> >>est _for_btrfs.patch
> >
> > Thanks, but this uses CONFIG_SECURITY_APPARMOR which isn't enough to tell
> > if the kernel has the patch.  Lets go back to Jeff's suse patch:

I ended up using the CONFIG_SECURITY_APPARMOR test because the other test
suggested here sounded like something that might eventually not be very
ubuntu specific (instead of the nice a plain CONFIG_SUSE_KERNEL).

Thanks to everyone for the hints, if someone could please test:

http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Hot_Fixes

I'd be grateful.

-chris