Btrfs v0.14 Released

Chris Mason chris.mason at oracle.com
Fri May 2 14:34:07 UTC 2008

On Friday 02 May 2008, Jeff Schroeder wrote:

[ Btrfs oops with apparmor patched in ]

> Make is not my forte, but here is a working test to see if apparmor
> exists in Ubuntu 8.04.
> Maybe have make apply a patch to the btrfs source if this test
> succeeds? Does this work in SUSE?
>
> http://www.digitalprognosis.com/opensource/patches/btrfs/lame_apparmor_test
>_for_btrfs.patch

Thanks, but this uses CONFIG_SECURITY_APPARMOR which isn't enough to tell if
the kernel has the patch.  Lets go back to Jeff's suse patch:

/*
 * Even if AppArmor isn't enabled, it still has different prototypes.
 * Add more distro/version pairs here to declare which has AppArmor applied.
 */
#if defined(CONFIG_SUSE_KERNEL)
# if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,22)
# define REMOVE_SUID_PATH 1
# endif
#endif

Could someone from Ubuntu please suggest a replacement for CONFIG_SUSE_KERNEL
and KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,22) that would correspond with ubuntu kernels shipped
with apparmor?  We don't need some define from the apparmor patch, just a
global flag that says it comes from ubuntu is enough.

-chris