SRU 2nd ack

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Thu May 1 18:35:44 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Stefan Bader <stefan.bader at canonical.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  to exercise the SRU process. I would like the add the following patch
>  for 8.04.1. This would avoid a large amount of error messages (see
>  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/209971).
>
>  Stefan

Please be aware that the GPIO fix, above, is already queued for
2.6.24.6-stable, and the review period ends today -- this fix will be
merged into the vanilla 2.6.24.6-stable kernel today or tomorrow, the
latest.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=commitdiff;h=75d5d102be039d3e54fda2bb3b8446d5334cbeec

"v4l-cx88-enable-radio-gpio-correctly.patch"

Please also be advised that the "fix" is merely a workaround -- the
actual bug is in Ubuntu's hald, which is writing GPIOs to this PCI
card.

How is hald doing this? WHY is hald doing this? We only see this issue
in Ubuntu -- nobody else has reported this issue using other distros.

Regards,

Mike Krufky