pciback module

Stephan Schulz seron at online.de
Mon Mar 31 05:00:08 BST 2008

Hi Todd,

thank you for your Quick reply. Most likely you are right and there are
pretty good reasons for making a module.
I made suggestes changes, but there still seems to be something wrong.
I did the following:

- insert "pciback" in /etc/initramfs-tools/modules
- insert "options pciback hide=(00:06.0)" into /etc/modprobe.d/options
- update-initramfs -u
- reboot

modules of PCI devices still appear in lsmod.
Could it be that when pciback is loaded by initrd the
file /etc/modprobe.d/options isn't already availible? Is there a way to
insert the "options" into the initrd?
Do you have other ideas?

Thanks a lot for your Help!
Stephan