Bug #202249, kernel Oops and ALSA configs

Stefan Bader stefan.bader at canonical.com
Thu Mar 27 12:37:21 UTC 2008

> Anyhow, as I am not an ALSA expert yet, how does one deal with a module
> that is built in the lum tree outside of the ALSA tree but depends on
> the ALSA headers?

My thoughts on this would be:

if it is built in lum or lrm we would have to make shure it includes the
lum headers (lrm might do so but lum could be a prob).

> Q. Should the btsco.c driver be moved into the ALSA tree to help resolve
> this issue - or does this make life more complex to support ALSA?

If it is in the kernel and depends on ALSA, I cannot see another way as
to move that to lum as well. And I fear this could be more than
immediately get to ones mind... :-/

> Basically I don't want to screw up anything so I'd appreciate some
> advice..

Would not take this as an advice but just my ideas on this...

Stefan