[patche] AMD new graphics card HDMI audio support patch

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Tue Mar 4 14:29:19 UTC 2008

Zhao, Richard wrote:

> Hi, kernel team
>

> Bug link:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24/+bug/197843
>

> Patch 1: add some new AMD graphic card HDMI audio support
> http://hg-mirror.alsa-project.org/alsa-kernel/diff/b0bb1b280871/pci/hda/hda_intel.c
>

> Patch 2: clean up patch
> http://hg-mirror.alsa-project.org/alsa-kernel/diff/bc07afda3d10/pci/hda/hda_intel.c
>

> Can someone help add the patch to linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24?
>

> BRs
>
> Richard

Applied.

I assume these table updates are sufficient to enable HDMI for the
affected devices?

Keep in mind that any code changes that affect common code paths will
have to wait until current ALSA is backported to linux-backports-modules
sometime in April. Once Hardy is released, linux-ubuntu-modules will not
change except for security vulnerabilities and oops fixes.
Tip-of-the-tree ALSA support goes into LBM which is an elective install.

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at ubuntu.com