HVR950Q fixes

mkrufky at linuxtv.org mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Mon Jun 23 18:56:21 UTC 2008

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24/+

http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/lum/au8522-prevent-false-positive-lock-status.pa

http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/lum/xc5000-firmware-loading-optimizations-lum.pa
>> tch
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mike Krufky
>>

> Mike - I've applied both patch sets. In the future I would prefer if
> possible that you split patch sets such as
> xc5000-firmware-loading-optimizations-lum.patch. The two commits in this
> patchset are not interdependent.
>
> rtg

Tim,

Thanks for the merge.

I merged the two xc5000 patches together because the "module option"
patch depends on the "check device hardware state" patch -- Without the
"check device hardware state" patch, the firmware would be downloaded
again on the first tune, regardless of whether or not the firmware
download has already occurred, thus, rendering optimization provided by
the module option to be ineffective.

In the future, I'll just provide the separate patches, and I will
indicate any patch interdependencies.

Regards,

Mike Krufky