Uploaded Hardy Linux kernel version 2.6.24-20.38 to -proposed

Henrik Rydberg rydberg at euromail.se
Tue Jul 29 20:44:13 UTC 2008

Tim Gardner wrote:
> Hopefully this upload will fix the regression in Bug #241395 while not
> introducing any new regressions.
>
> -----------
>
> linux (2.6.24-20.38) hardy-proposed; urgency=low
>
>   [Tim Gardner]
>
>   * SAUCE: Export usbhid_modify_dquirk for LBM module bcm5974
>     - LP: #250838

I have tested the bcm5974 driver with the 2.6.24-20.38 kernel image.

1. Out-of-the-box, the driver gets loaded, but the mouse is still
   governed by the hid module. Works just as if the bcm5974 is not
   there, which I take as a good sign; no regression.

2. Adding bcm5974 to /etc/initramfs-tools/modules and updating
   (update-initramfs -u), the driver gets loaded right after usbhid,
   and the dynamic quirks sets in as expected. Provided the latest
   patch is used, bcm5974-0.58, the result is a fully operational
   multitouch trackpad. The current hardy-lbm version does not reset
   properly after hid initialization, resulting in a frozen mouse.

To me, this seems to work well enough, but the already-provided
patch needs to be applied to hardy-lbm to work satisfactorily.

Best regards,
Henrik Rydberg