Hardy ABI update to 2.6.24-20 pending

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Thu Jul 17 11:28:06 UTC 2008

Alberto Milone wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 15:12 -0600, Tim Gardner wrote:
>> You may have noticed the recent Hardy security kernel update. That
>> update has cleared the way for a Hardy kernel bug fix upload which will
>> be uploaded to -proposed within the next day or so. Note that this Hardy
>> kernel upload contains an ABI change to 2.6.24-20. All third party
>> kernel modules will require recompiling against the 2.6.24-20 include files.
>>
>> rtg
>> --
>> Tim Gardner tim.gardner at ubuntu.com
>>

> In case you haven't done this already, here are the l-r-m with an ABI
> bump to -20.
>
> http://albertomilone.com/ubuntu/oldlrm/linux-restricted-modules-2.6.24_2.6.24.13-20.46.diff.gz
> http://albertomilone.com/ubuntu/oldlrm/linux-restricted-modules-2.6.24_2.6.24.13-20.46.dsc
> http://albertomilone.com/ubuntu/oldlrm/linux-restricted-modules-2.6.24_2.6.24.13-20.46_source.changes
>
> I can't upload them myself since I lack the required upload privileges.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alberto Milone

NACK - thanks for the hard work, but I have some updates to go into LRM
besides the ABI bump (such as an updated Broadcom driver). This
inability to coordinate changes is the very reason that Intrepid LRM is
in a git repository. I guess I should look at retrofitting Hardy LRM
using Intrepid LRM as an example.

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at ubuntu.com