[Fwd: SRU request for LP#239666]

Wang, Yong Y yong.y.wang at intel.com
Tue Jul 15 09:07:31 UTC 2008

Hi Tim,

Sorry for the late response as I just came back from vacation. Venki's patch just made into upstream on Monday and the commit id is 8edc5cc5ec880c96de8e6686fb0d7a5231e91c05. Andi is cleaning up mce_64 and making common code for 32 and 64 bit MCE and he posted a series of patches a week ago. Mainline will probably go with that in the future but Andi's cleanup is still not upstream yet and backporting major cleanups will be really hard. For existing distros, Venki's patch is good enough for the platforms Intel is shipping now and will be shipping in the near future and this is the least intrusive way to get this bug fixed in Hardy. If you think it is OK, the patch is ready in my tree now.

The following changes since commit 40e55e8f3bb152df0e883dad572d263647f3c056:
  Stefan Bader (1):
        UBUNTU: ACPI: EC: Some hardware requires burst mode to operate properly

are available in the git repository at:

  git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ywang/ubuntu-hardy.git master

Yong Wang (1):
      UBUNTU: x86: Remove 6 bank limitation in 64 bit MCE reporting code

 arch/x86/kernel/cpu/mcheck/mce_64.c |   20 ++++++++++++--------