no support for realtek rtl8187se -- Bug #246141 in linux-meta

Tim Gardner tcanonical at tpi.com
Tue Jul 8 17:52:02 UTC 2008

Alex wrote:
> Hi, this is my first foray into Ubuntu development, so I'm new to the
> whole process.
>
> I've recently been successful in getting the rtl8187se working in
> Ubuntu. I filed a bug with details:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-meta/+bug/246141
>
> I'd like that driver to end up in the main kernel at some point. Can
> anyone help me make it through that process?
>
> -Alex

Have you worked with the upstream wireless guys? I'm not much interested
in carrying a duplicate driver from Realtek if Linville et al already
have support for this chipset. The best way to contact the upstream
wireless developers is on their mailing list, the details for which can
be found here:

http://linuxwireless.org

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at ubuntu.com