what is upstream kernel

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Wed Feb 27 22:11:25 GMT 2008

trying to figure out why this line is //ed out:

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ubuntu/ubuntu-hardy.git;a=blob;f=drivers/media/video/vivi.c;hb=053fcb6014eef31c2674d344c704118e0ac229ef#l1125

It isn't here:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob;f=drivers/media/video/vivi.c;h=1db067c028157609c895b0124e72143acd94c8b2;hb=a6352cddc743300b0b64b5fd8dfb688524e884e9#l1194

Is that the kernel code that ubuntu kernel is based on?

I searched around for a change log explaining it, no luck.  I tried to find the
reversion where it changed, couldn't find a branch that it changed in.

In the end, I would like it uncommented.  it causes this line in syslog:

[ 1525.269166] videodev: "vivi" has no release callback. Please fix your driver
for proper sysfs support, see http://lwn.net/Articles/36850/

I am know I should find out why it was //ed out.

Carl K