Jaunty config changes: Build in DRM

Loïc Minier loic.minier at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 22 23:56:28 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008, Tim Gardner wrote:
> It will only be a problem if Poulsbo is built as part of the -generic or
> -server flavours. If that is the case, then we can always revert back to
> building DRM as a module.

 IOW, we should have a new flavour where CONFIG_DRM=m, perhaps a lpia flavour
 under the i386 arch (yeah for confusion :-).

00:49 < lool> rtg: Around?
00:50 < rtg> lool: for a few minutes more. whats up?
00:50 < lool> rtg: Poulsbo DRM is basically a fork of the regular DRM, and
              isn't namespaced; it uses the same symbol names and all
00:50 < lool> rtg: So if you try to load the regular drm and psb-drm, it blows
              up
00:50 < lool> rtg: Are you saying it would work if one was built into the
              kernel and the other was a module?
00:50 < rtg> no, I think we'll have a separate flavour, and hence, seperate
             config options.
00:51 < lool> rtg: check hardy-lum (ubuntu/media/drm-poulsbo; CONFIG_DRM_PSB
              only set on lpia)
00:51 < lool> rtg: Ok
00:51 < lool> rtg: What flavour will we use for psb on i386?
00:52 < rtg> I don't know yet, perhaps lpia?
00:52 < lool> You mean lpia flavour but i386 arch
00:52 < lool> Would work I guess
00:52 < rtg> correct

--
Loïc Minier