Unassigning the ubuntu-kernel-team from bugs

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Thu Dec 18 17:54:45 UTC 2008

Hi All,

Per a kernel round table discussion at UDS, it was agreed that assigning
the ubuntu-kernel-team to bugs as part of the triage process is not
useful to the kernel team (ie you guys don't filter for a subset of
kernel bugs based on them being assigned to the ubuntu-kernel-team).
Going forward it would be better to only assign the ubuntu-kernel-team
in a more restricted sense (eg bugs which need to be addressed prior to
a release).  In order for this to happen we need to unassign the
ubuntu-kernel-team from bugs [1].

I've contacted the LP team and they are willing to help with the mass
unassignment of the ubuntu-kernel-team [2].  They'll also be able to
disable sending bug mail when this happens so everyone isn't spammed.
We intend to do this on Monday Dec 22.  Speak up now if you have any
questions or are opposed to this happening.

Thanks,
Leann

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-kernel-team/+assignedbugs
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/UnassignKernelTeam