Xen PV domU kernel in Intrepid?

Andy Smith andy at strugglers.net
Tue Dec 9 00:50:08 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 09:14:51PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 12:06:40PM -0500, Chuck Short wrote:
> > No you dont to recompile the kernel. Just use the server kernel or the
> > virtual kernel. Since they are compiled in as modules you have to add
> > xenblk and xennet to your /etc/initramfs-tools/modules in order for
> > them to load.
>
> I tried this but still have the same result I'm afraid.  In a chroot:

I have heard a rumour that booting this kernel under Xen PV will not
work unless the dom0 is running at least xen 3.3.x as it needs
something called "the vmlinuz bootloader patches".

I do find it hard to believe as not even Ubuntu Hardy has xen-3.3,
but if this is the case could anyone confirm?

Cheers,
Andy