linux-image-2.6.24-21-generic_2.6.24-21.40_i386.deb - tuning suggestions

Jonas Petersson jonas.petersson at
Sat Aug 16 14:05:28 UTC 2008

I just installed 2.6.24-21-generic and was pleasently surprised that a
number of MacBookPro Penryn specific stuff was already included.

As you are almost there, may I point out a few tiny things more that I
imagine are more or less critical for MacBookPro Penryn users?

* Apply applesmc-retry-when-accessing-keys.patch from

Without it applesmc sensors are not really useful as half the time
readings will fail. And while you are there, also apply
applesmc-remove-debugging-messages.patch to make dmesg useful again.

(The other patches on mactel seem less critical)

* drivers/hwmon/coretemp.c on line 374 - also permit:

		(c->x86_model == 0x17)

Without this adjustment, coretemp will not load.

			Best / Jonas