grub fast resume patch

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Fri Oct 12 13:18:05 UTC 2007

"Xu, Martin" <martin.xu at intel.com> writes:

> Hi all:
> Frank and I have been developing the fast resume patch for grub. This
> patch can decrease the time to resume from hibernate greatly. Below is
> the test result:
>
> Fast resume from grub: 24 S
> Normal resume: 		46 S

I personally loves this new idea and agree with the approach however
GRUB 0.97 is at legacy mode (on upstream side) and it makes rather
difficult to us (Debian) to keep using it.

We're focusing our efforts in moving to GRUB2 and I'd like to ask if
you could work on a patch for GRUB2 too? It would allow it to get
accepted upstream and removing the maintainence work (in theory at
least) from you.

BTW, is the patch very intrusive?

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855