ath5k

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 5 13:47:31 UTC 2007

I read with interest this announcement reprinted in LWN:

http://lwn.net/Articles/250718/

"We, the MadWifi team, announce our decision to move away from the
binary-only HAL and change the focus of our future development towards
ath5k [1], a completely free (as in freedom) driver which will eventually
become an integral part of the Linux kernel. We encourage all interested
developers to join us and contribute to our efforts."

How does this impact us?  Clearly we, too, would prefer to move to a free
driver.  Is this something we can do in the foreseeable future?

--
 - mdz