First kernel upload for gutsy...priceless (-rt lrm)

Cory K. coryisatm at nc.rr.com
Thu May 3 14:33:55 UTC 2007

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 05:00:33PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:

"PS: -rt and -xen did not get nvidia or fglrx builds in lrm. For -rt it
was because Ingo's patch changes some things so that nvidia and fglrx
kernel modules link to GPL-only symbols, thus making them unloadable."

abogani, who is working with Ubuntu Studio and has done a RT kernel for Feisty (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RealTime) has been chatting with Ingo.

One of the replys so far was: "I don't mind if you change it to EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL in your tree, with a legal fineprint: as long as it's not construed to be an admission on my part of any extra permissions over what the GPL gives."

Then abogani recieved: "Well, as i said above, i don't mind it if you change the EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL's in the patch to EXPORT_SYMBOL. I'll probably change it too for the next release."

I'll admit to not knowing exactly what it means. I'm just hoping to pass on useful info. :)