kqmeu module?

Markus Rechberger mrechberger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 18:30:10 UTC 2007

On 3/16/07, Jean-Eric Cuendet (RPT) <jec at rptec.ch> wrote:

> > please take care about kqemu, it doesn't work with amd64, and I
> > experienced some problems on my i386 intel as well.
> > kqemu is really experimental, I'd delay it till it's mature enough.
>
> Is it useful at all now that kvm is in mainline and in Feisty?
> What's the configuration inn which kqemu is advantageous and that kvm is
> not?

I did some tests with kvm as well. Also note that kvm is not mature
enough either at this time.

* Intel rebooting doesn't work (at least it didn't when I tested it
the last time)

Some patches especially experimental biospatches got reverted
recently, it's under heavy development at the moment. I'd say it's
better to keep that module in an extra package instead of including
it.
Beside that yes it's faster than kqemu, several Windows and Linux
distributions worked fine with 32 and 64bit.

Markus

> > Markus

> and
> >>>>
> >> Probably too late for feisty release. Please propose it for feisty+1
> >> (spec on launchpad would be best).
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ubuntu:    http://www.ubuntu.com/
> >> Linux1394: http://www.linux1394.org/