Suspend to RAM resume trace patch set

Tim Gardner tim.gardner at canonical.com
Thu Mar 1 18:20:23 UTC 2007

This is a patch set against 2.6.20-10 that I would like to get into the
next rev of the kernel. I'll see if I can get the maintainers Pavel
Machek or Nigel Cunningham to
incorporate it into their tree(s), but I have my doubts. They haven't
responded to the first message.

These changes accomplish 3 things:

1) Produces a list of drivers and bus IDs along with their hash codes
such that a normal human can figure them out.
2) Reduces the number of false positives (bogus hash code matches) on
device IDs.
3) Instruments the resume path so that we know absolutely which driver
was last called, or if the resume process completed and lockup happened
somewhere else.

With this trace information I can have users perform a fairly simple set
of instructions which will hopefully yield more info then on the last
pass with PM_TRACE.