[FEISTY] Please cherry pick: [TG3]: Fix link problem on Dell's onboard 5906.

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 19 10:32:26 UTC 2007

Ben Collins wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 13:43 -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
>
>> Please consider the below patch for next feisty kernel. Patch is already
>> upstream, provided by the actual IHV, and specific to Dell tg3 chipsets.
>>
>> Bug # to follow.
>>

> Bug #121030

The bug says feisty-backports. How are we managing version numbering WRT
-backports, -security, etc.? Will this simply get bumped to the next dot
version 20-16.30 and a future -security release would then be 20-16.31?
(sorry, I'm just asking basic questions to bet a better grasp of this).
Would this patch then also be rolled in to that future security update?
Are enough people using -backports that we are confident in the testing
it provides?

Henrik