RT2500 in linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.22-6

ken lewis kenlewis at typo.co.uk
Sat Jun 16 21:57:56 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Sorry to be a bore (filing bugs, asking for features etc.  but leaving
this one a while) about the Ralink rt2500 drivers in
linux-image-2.6.22-6 and linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.22-6.  I'm really
grateful for the inclusion of the rt2x00 driver... ...but it isn't
appropriate for my wireless card.  The rt2500 driver is the reason I'm
still using 2.6.20 with Gutsy.

Can you please include in the next linux-ubuntu-modules the rt2500pci.ko
from rt2500.serialmonkey.net or its git.kernel.org branch in the
mac80211 tree (that one's
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mwu/mac80211-drivers.git
).  I'd like to be able to say that it Works For Me (tm), but I've been
bungling git and not managed to integrate this branch with a clone of
the Ubuntu kernel git tree and have the results compile the appropriate
kernel modules for me.

Thanks for your time.
Take care.
Ken.Lewis