kernel upgrade erases /boot/grub/menu.lst changes

Paul Schulz pschulz01 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 05:48:10 UTC 2007

Robert,

You can direct these questions to an IRC channel (eg. #ubuntu)  or the
'ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com' mailing list.

To answer you question though.. If you have a look higher up in the
'menu.lst' file, you will see a line like the following.

  # defoptions=quiet splash

These are the options are automatically added when a new kernel in installed.
Just remove the two options.. (everything after the '=')

There are quite few other options here, which can be used to modify
what happens when you install a new kernel under Ubuntu.

Cheers,
Paul