Addition of "Conexant HDA codec support" problematic with FS Amilo Laptop

Martin Andersson martande at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 18:45:10 UTC 2007

Hi.

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Si1520 laptop. If I use the latest
kernel version (2.6.20-6.11) in feisty on this computer the
autosensing/automuting of internal speaker and headphone jack does not
behave as expected.

Problem:
When I plug my headphones in, the internal speakers get muted but no
sound i outputed to the headphones.
If I comment out the contents of the function "cxt5045_hp_automute" in
sound/pci/hda/patch_conexant.c everything works as expected (hp in =
Only sound in hp, hp out = only internal speakers). This leads me to
believe that my computer have autosensing/automuting done in hardware
and when the driver also do automuting the wrong mixer channels get
muted.

I chose to post this to the mail list instead of posting a bug report
since I figured that this problem is something specific to my hardware
rather than a bug in the driver.

----
Output of lspci for relevant hardware:

00:1b.0 0403: 8086:27d8 (rev 02)
        Subsystem: 1734:10ad
        Memory at dc240000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: [60] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+
Queue=0/0 Enable-
        Capabilities: [70] Express Unknown type IRQ 0
        Capabilities: [100] Virtual Channel
        Capabilities: [130] Unknown (5)

Best regards // Martin

--
Don't take life too serious. You'll never escape it alive anyway.
                                                  -- Elbert Hubbard